Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Nearly Forgot About Becoming A Pink Artist


OK, this is a great collaborative project I'm going to tell you about!


I am a member of ZNE , and I found this through the blog of a fellow member, Shabby Cottage Studio. It is a group of artists joining together to create one art doll to benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure.When the doll is complete, it will be mailed in to Art Doll Quarterly™ before finally being auctioned off on eBay at a later date, and all of the proceeds will be donated to charity.


Each artist participant will create 1 or more 2"x2" cloth-based squares that will be made into the doll.


Please see Girl Gone Thread Wild for complete details.




7 comments:

girlgonethreadwild said...

Hi Stephanie! I love your blog! Thank you for joining us and contributing a square. I can't wait to see your creation, I know it'll shine! Please ship your square by March 1. If you cannot meet this deadline, no worries because there is also a wall hanging art piece being constructed with the squares as well- both pieces will be auctioned off for Susan G. Komen fund. Happy creating! xo, Monica

TexasTesla said...

MLou - TAG! :-)

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Yay Steph! ;-) Glad to see you on board!

Agent M. said...

What a lovely idea (and this is coming from someone who cannot have a doll in her house: they scare the hecky-hey outta me). With that said, I'll be most intrigued to see the end result. I hope you'll be able to post it.

Abi B said...

your work is wonderful and im so glad you found my blog!. feel free to add me up and i will drop by here again!! Abi x

Regina said...

Great idea.

girlgonethreadwild said...

got it got it! Your pkg of AWSUM squares arrived. Find your squares dancing through our parade... :)

Love the creations you contributed- thanks so very much. I'm thinking of taking an entire week off to work on our doll... I am just consumed by this project [in a good way], I can't take it- I smile nonstop, I think about the squares (I'm surprised I haven't dreamt about them yet)... it's an absolute joy to work with you this way. happy, happy, happy, Monica :)